Thursday, October 8, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- Grandma Dunn's Jewelry


These pieces of jewelry belonged to my maternal grandmother. My mother had them in her jewelry box and she let me have them.

The two on the top are I guess what you would call broaches (I just call them pins). I really like the one with the aquamarine colored stone. I think it is beautiful.

The other two are clip on earrings. They are so pretty and sparkly that I just had to wear them. I don't think I made it through the whole day with them on. Those things are painful!! I really don't know how the ladies wore them back then.Thank goodness for pierced ears!

When I was growing up no one was aloud to have pierced ears in our house. So guess what I did on my 18th birthday?! I think we were all shocked when grandma got her ears pierced some time in the eighties. That is one of the main reasons she didn't need these pretty earrings any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...