Thursday, October 15, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- The Lord's Supper

It was the year 2003 when we moved to Florida to be closer to my husband's family.

When ever we went over to Ma's house (We call her ma because she was married to his dad - long story) I would admire the beautiful Lord's Supper picture that she had hanging in her kitchen. Starting that year I was on a quest to find the right Lord's Supper for my own kitchen.

It was probably about 2004 when I finally found the one I wanted. It was at an antique store in Glenn St. Mary, FL. The picture and the frame, I believe, were made some time around 1940 or 50.

I must have admired it hanging in the store about four or five times. I didn't really want to pay what they wanted for it. Finally, I decided that I was going to go get it. Well when I went to get it, it was gone -- go figure.

Months later Christmas morning I opened one of the presents from hubby and low and behold there was that precious Lord's Supper picture! It turns out that he went to the house of the woman that owned it and purchased it from her!

Needless to say, this is a very special treasure to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...