Thursday, November 19, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- 1910 Postcard

The treasure that I am sharing today is another postcard from great-grandma Piggott's stuff that thankfully she saved. I sure am glad that mom sent me this stuff because I was running out of treasures to share!

This one is particularly special because it was written to my great- grandma from her mother on her first Christmas as Mrs. William C. Piggott.

It is postmarked Dec 24, 1910 from Bloomington, Idaho and addressed to Mrs. Wm C Piggott, Pegram, Idaho.

It reads:

Dear Daughter
May you enjoy the
present xmas with
hope of a happier
one next year.
We will be nearly
alone this year &
our aim will be
to strive to be
better prepared another
year. Lovingly mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...