Thursday, November 26, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- 1952 Thank You Note

Here is another precious treasure from great-grandma Piggott's box of goodies that I would like to share. This is a thank you note that my mother wrote to my great uncle Oliver when she was 10 years old.








It reads (I did not correct her spelling. It was hard not to, but I managed) ==>

Bloomington, Ida.
Feb 16, 1952
Dear Uncle Oliver,

Thank you for the
wallet. I like it very
much. I have another
cold it is't so bad. To day
in school I missed five in
a spelling test but it was
only a practtess one.
We are going to have
a new bishop.
Why don't you and David
and Phyllis Rebecca come up.
how are they. Say
hello for me to them.
Larue has a baby
girl. Eugene Hart wife
his a baby boy
and Larue's baby is
so cute.
I miss you so much.
I have to write to lots of people.
and I am going to
write to Aunt Adale.
Say hello to her for me.
I am glad mother got me
this stationary.

Well I better
close now,So
goodby
and come up
you'r Love
Joyce Pigott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...