Thursday, March 25, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday -- 1910 Postcard

Today's treasure comes to you from great-grandma Piggott's stuff. This postcard was stamped Oct 10, 1910 which was ten days after Hazel Madsen and William Piggott were married so I am assuming that the unknown author was congratulating great-grandma on her marriage. I guess the stork was an attempt at a sense of humor (or was there something to it?). Their oldest child (my grandpa) wasn't born until 1912 so maybe there was a child that didn't survive and I just don't know.

The card reads:
Mrs. William Piggott
Bloomington (scratched out) Pegram, Idaho

I just want to
congrateulate
you on that little
stop you made in
Paris last Wed.
as ever

5 comments:

  1. Leslie Ann, What a fun item! @laslibrary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 100 year old post card, what a treasure. October 10th was the day Fiji Islands [I was born there] gained independence from Great Britian and the year was 1970.
    Do keep this piece of treasure safe and pass it on to the next generation so that it will celebrate many more 100 years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your g-g-grandmother was hoping for a grandchild and just sent this as a hint :). With no grandchildren of my own I'd be tempted to do something like this! I know - sick humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting mystery. I have never seen a stork postcard...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and rather mysterious... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...