Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Treasured Tidbits Of Time

An Informal History of Bear Lake Valley, by Jens Patrick Wilde
I borrowed this book from grandma Blanche probably around 1990. It was among the things that I brought back from Idaho last May. I guess I never finished reading it because I found a homemade bookmark inside. Grandma passed in 1993 before I had a chance to return the book, so I guess I will just hang on to it.
 This book is filled with morsels of Bear Lake Valley history. It tells the story of the legend of the "Bear Lake Monster" and other folklore and human interest stories.  It also recants the bank robbery by Butch Cassidy.

I have three 2nd great-grandfathers mentioned in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...