Thursday, October 21, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Cannon Chronicle

Among grandma Hazel's things are a few issues of The Cannon Chronicle which is a leaflet put out by The George Cannon Family Association. This one in particular pulled on my heart strings because it has a picture that I have never seen before of the house in Nauvoo, Illinois where George and Mary Edwards Cannon(my 3rd gr-great-grandparents)lived in 1844.






It also includes an interesting interview with Charles Dickens and George Q. Cannon.


2 comments:

  1. You certainly caught my attention with this blog....I have Cannon's in my tree....direct ancestors....not out on a long lost branch somewhere. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the part about saving the newsletter for future generations! how right they were. too bad they stopped. we put out a family newsletter in the 1990's when we were homeschooling. I'll have to run one someday. it's been 20 years! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...