Thursday, October 7, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Grandma's Stationary

Among the items that Daniell scanned for me was this sheet of stationary from the courthouse where grandma Piggott worked. 




I thought it was neat to see the word "deputy" listed after her name. I never knew that was her title.  I used to love visiting her while she was at work. One of the judges always gave us a wintergreen lifesaver when we were there. And there is just something about wondering around a creaky old building (it was creaky even back then).


Boy, if I would have known about twenty years ago that I could have sat in that very courthouse and looked through archives I would have way more documentation than I do now!








1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. Something about defining a woman apart from her family, her name on the letterhead, I don't know. It just makes me want to cheer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...