Thursday, December 16, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Christmas Boot

 I am sharing a Christmas treasure today.
              
This boot was crocheted by my grandma Blanche and she gave it to me for Christmas sometime in the late eighties.


This is it's first Christmas in Florida. It has been in a box   with my other Christmas stuff still sitting in mom's basement in Idaho since 2003.


It used to have an empty quart sized milk carton with the top cut off inside to put nuts or candy in, but I had to throw it away cause it got all yucky.  So last week I bought a quart of eggnog so I could use the carton when it was empty.


Well a couple of days ago I finally found some old fashioned Christmas hard candy after searching for days.


It comes in it's own container so I was able to just slip it inside the boot.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern to make this boot? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have the pattern. I was able to find something close though at this website => http://24footstreet.blogspot.com/2013/10/crochet-christmas-bootie-candy-dish.html?m=1

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...