Thursday, August 20, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- Mom's Jewelry

I am dedicating Thursdays to share some of my own family treasures. I would also like to invite you to do the same. Family treasures can include a range of things including photos, old letters and post cards, a family heirloom, or even a special memory. And let's not forget about the things we discover while doing research.

The next few Thursdays I am going to share pieces of jewelry that are special to me.



I guess you would call these pieces costume jewelry. When I was a child mom had this big green jewelry box that I always use to stir through. I loved to try everything on. My two favorites are the colorful beads and the very sparkly colorful rhinestones.

The small round wire piece is something that mom used to wear in her hair probably in the fifties. I wore it in my hair at my wedding, it was my something blue. I am sure it must have a name, does anyone know what this is called?

They don't make clasps like that anymore, that is part of why I like them. You could wear them today and no one would know that they were about 40 years old (unless they saw the clasps). Sooner or later everything comes back in style - lol!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pieces of jewelry. I love vintage pieces and I do consider the 50's vintage...LOL I remember that my Mom had some beautiful necklaces, but she must have sold them before she moved to Ohio after her divorce from my Dad. Maybe they were gifts from him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...