Monday, July 26, 2010

1911 Postcard to Mrs. Harriet Rum

I found this postcard at the Charleston Antique Mall in Vegas.


The postcard was addressed to Mrs. Harriet Rum, 212 Elm St., Northampton, Mass. The writing is hard to read, but I have done my best to transcribe it:
May 14, 1911
Dear Mrs. Rum
Thank you for Addie's
address.
We are going to Osage
May 22nd.
That's where we have
spent the winter. We
expect to return here
in the fall. Hope
you will come to O. 
while we are there.
Bob is in Osage with
his Uncle.
Mrs. Bartlett asked for
Addie's address.
regards from both of us
to both of you.
Grace _____

I can't seem to find anything about Mrs. Harriet Rum, and I can't read the last name of the author.  If you can read her last name, please  let me know and I will see what I can find.

4 comments:

  1. the first blank looks like "xpect" = expect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that i look again i see the "e" at the beginning of "expect" in the words running bottom to top on the far left side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. other black looks like "return". the loop in the "p" of hope sort of confuses the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristin! I see it now -- I will update it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...