The photo on the upper left is Elizabeth Hill Davis Carey, and the upper right is her husband, Rev. Archibald Carey.
The lower left is the Rev. holding a great-grandchild. The one on the lower right has no identifying notation, but it's safe to say that the gentleman is Archibald Carey, Jr.
Can you imagine having a family photo album that contains generations of influentual and prominent pillars of a community?
- Dr. Elizabeth "Beth" Bishop Davis - Founder of the Department of Psychiatry at Harlem Hospital Center which she directed for 17 years. (I believe the album was originally hers.)
- Rev. Shelton Hale Bishop - A driving force behind founder, well-known psychiatrist Frederic Wertham, in the Lafargue Clinic in 1946.
- Bishop Archibald J. Carey, Sr. - A powerful leader in the African Methodist Episcopal Church and engaged in a political career.
- Archibald J. Carey, Jr. - An influential American lawyer, judge, politician, diplomat and clergyman.
- Eloise Carey Bishop - Author