Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meek Brothers -- School Days

Here are some more precious treasures separated from the Meek Family.

The following is John Meek's 4th grade report card from Mattie V. Rutherford School dated 1933.



The next one is William Meek's 7th grade report card dated 1933.






Here is a 1930 school picture of one of the boys. It is not labeled so I am not sure which brother it is. I am guessing that it is either John as a first grader, or William as a fourth grader.

Next we have a program for the 1938 graduating class of Andrew Jackson Senior High School.






3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the report cards we used to receive during my elementary and high school days in the 70's and 80's. Nice treasure keep sake

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often do we have old report cards among our treasures from back in the 1930's? This is very interesting and so like those of today. Some things just don't change, do they! The little boy has such beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing this treasus! I hope that I one day might see something from my ancestors who emigrated to the United States. Perhaps from Jennie Amalia Chilberg, her brothers Emil Johnson ( or perhaps August, born 1867 in Borås, Västergötland, emigrated 1891 and he is my brick wall ...se more: www.swedenroots.se) or anyone else that I recognize. I'll be back often ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...