Thursday, January 7, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday -- 1910 Postcard

This week's treasure from great-grandma's stuff is a postcard with a New Year's design that was sent to her five months before she married great-grandpa from her 16 year old sister, Iva Madsen. The postcard was actually sent in May.

Stamped Byron, Wyo May 20, 1910 and addressed to Miss Hazel Madsen, Montpelier, Idaho, the postcard reads:

Byron, Wyo
May 16, 1910:
Dear Sister:
Why do you
not write to some of
us? are you dead
or alive? a person
would think you were;
just surprise me and ans my letter.
tell all hello, and ans
soon
(Iva)
R.S.V.P.

How is you and W. P.
making it?

6 comments:

  1. I love it! How neat that you have postcards that belonged to your ancestors. What a treasure! (I'm drooling - no postcards over here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think little sister was missing her big sister. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I are each fortunate to have postcard of this period on several of our lines. They were so neat that they were saved by many who threw away other papers and documents; how fortunate for you and for us! Thanks for sharing!

    Keep these ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I have postcards, but there is nothing written on them to give me a little peek into what my ancestors were thinking and/or doing at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post - very, very cool. It is wonderful when we have something that speaks to the everyday of our ancestors. This is the first time I've visited your site but it certainly won't be the last.

    Cindy

    http://ananharcockermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie - I may not be the first to do so but I wanted to prsent you with the Happy 101 Award. Your blog is incrediably creative. You can pick up your award at http://anaharcockermom.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

    Looking forward to readying about more lost tresures

    Fondly,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...