Thursday, September 2, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Family Fun With Thomas The Train

Did you know that a Blackberry can also be a treasure chest? I didn't either until last night. I was thinking about the grand-kids and how much I miss them when I remembered this treasured video that I recorded while I was in Idaho last May.

Dad took mom and I to Butterburrs for dinner (I was all about the pie). One of my sons and his little family met us there. It was pretty busy so we just sat at the counter. That night was college graduation so the whole town was pretty busy. Thank goodness little Spence brought Thomas the train with him.

While we were waiting for our food my grandson got out his train and set it on the counter and aimed it down towards great-grandma. The train comes past my dad, past me, and then mom turned it around so it would go back to Spence. Each time it went past we had to move things out of the way and make sure that Thomas didn't derail off on to the floor.  We must have done that for about 5 minutes until I realized that I had a Blackberry in my purse and I had better get to recording this! I mean, come on, playing trains with mom, dad, grandma, great-grandma, and great-grandpa; how often does that happen? It never would have happened when I was a kid.

So you see, I may be a mom and a grandma, but I am really just a big kid (you should see me at the amusement park).





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...