Thursday, September 24, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday -- Handmade Jewelry






These pieces of jewelry are very special to me because they were made by my children.

The heart pin was made by my daughter in one of her school classes. I can't remember which year. Somehow I have lost the pin part so I am going to have to replace it.

I believe my oldest son made the shell necklace for a mother's day gift in kindergarten.

My youngest son is responsible for the bead work. He made the turtle necklace just because, and I believe the gecko earrings were a gift. These were not part of any school project.




















2 comments:

  1. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Treasure Chest Thursday is a trunk full of keepsakes from my grandparents and beyond. THANK YOU for reminding me that MY everyday treasures belong in this category too! I bet our ancestors didn't think about thier everyday things being passed down as keepsakes. It is kinda humorous what we family historians treasure like an old handkerchief or hairpin :) Thank you for sharing your priceless treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious these keepsakes must be to you. Those beaded earrings and necklace must have taken some time and creativity on the part of you son.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...